Supporting public service delivery
SHAPE Place is an interactive application that helps organisations assess the optimum location for services and the impact of service reconfigurations on populations. The application is free to use for the public sector, delivered under a license agreement for the Department of Health and Social Care. SHAPE Place is preloaded with over 100 national data sets and overlays public health information, demographics and their make up, with information on estate and location and performance. The published data is updated either monthly or quarterly depending on the data source. There are also lots of tools that can be used to support scenario planning. The flexible geographies and catchment creation functionality enables a comprehensive overview of a locality and its needs.
Features and datasets
- NHS organisations, boundaries and sites
- Local infrastructure information
- Primary care patients, workforce make up, dispensing data, practice information and contracts including CQC information
- Population demographics and projections, including ethnicity, deprivation, poverty, disease prevalence and new census data
- Environmental data including flooding, nitrogen dioxide levels, sulphur dioxide levels and particulate matter levels
- Data overlays abilities
- Travel time analysis including driving routes to nearest sites, travel time by foot, bike, car or public transport and distance and boundary visualisations
- Analysis tools including charts and tables, line graphs and RAG ratings
- Export capabilities for the maps as PCF documents and selected data sets to excel.
A full list of inclusive location information and data overlays is available upon request.
To find out how colleagues working to improve public services are utilisng SHAPE, visit our user insights page.
A data driven solution to primary care estates planning
The NHS England General Practice Premises Policy Review, 2019, identified the need for a more comprehensive primary care data set to support integrated clinical services and estates planning. To do…Read more
ICBs utilise SHAPE for service and estates planning
Several ICBs are utilising SHAPE Local to support service and estates planning. SHAPE Local atlases for ICBs are prepopulated with all the information contained within Place, the free version of…Read more
Covid vaccination mapping
SHAPE has been used throughout the Covid-19 pandemic and vaccination roll out to aid decision making on where best to locate vaccination centres within communities across the country. All active…Read more
Looking for something else?
Still not sure what SHAPE offers or if its the right product to help with your specific challenge? We’re more than happy to schedule a call to understand what data problem you’re trying to solve and advise as to whether we can help. Please get in touch.