Multiple site types and clustering
GP practice registered patients
Travel time catchments for multiple sites
Public transport travel times
Access catchment population demographics
SHAPE links national data sets clinical analysis, public health, primary care and demographic data with information on healthcare estates performance and facilities location. The application also includes a fully integrated Geographical Information System mapping tool and supports travel time analysis.
The primary aim of the application is to facilitate scenario planning and option appraisal in support of STPs. Specifically, the SHAPE Place Atlas helps organisations consider the following:
- evaluation of the impact of service configuration on populations
- assess the optimum location of services
- an accessible online tool for STP stakeholders
- key indicators and data about the STP with a focus on health inequalities and equity of service.
- flexible geographies including STP, CCG, LA, ward and LSOA
- a comprehensive overview of the STP’s NHS estate
- functionality to enable users to flexibly evaluate and test the impact of plans
- support for GP Primary Care Networks
Content and functionality
- Primary Care: GP practice and branch practice; Health Centres & Clinic; Pharmacy and GP dispensing practice
- Secondary Care: Hospital: Acute, Community or Specialist; Treatment / Intermediate Care Centre
- Other: Care homes; Children’s centre; Dental service; Mental health facility; Non-clinical administration & support; Optician
- Organisation: NHS Trust; NHS Property Services; LIFT
- Infrastructure: Ambulance service; Prison; Railway station; School
- Create temporary new site locations
- Basemaps: Ordnance Survey Open Data; satellite
- Demographics: Output Area Classification; Workplace zones; Fuel poverty
Environment: Risk of Flooding from Rivers and Sea; Nitrogen Dioxide levels; Particulate Matter levels; Sulphur Dioxide levels
Boundaries: LSOA; Postcode; Ward; Local Authority; CCG; Westminster constituency; STP
Usage boundaries: Education sites; Medical Care sites; Open greenspace and access points
- Driving routes to nearest sites
- Index visible sites on map and cross-reference to listing
- Distance and boundary buffer visualisation
- Walk by time
- Walk by distance
- Car, including rush hour option
- Public transport, options for to or from sites; and weekday morning, afternoon or evening travel times
- Export catchment with deprivation and population details by LSOA.
- ONS population estimates: Population density; Age profile
- DfT journey times: GP practices and hospitals
- Census 2011: Ethnicity
- Deprivation: IMD and nine domains
- QOF recorded prevalence: 21 disease classifications
- Dementia: prevalence for ages 0-64 and 65+
- Hospital Episode Statistics: elective and none elective activity by HRG, ICD10 and OPCS
- GP practice registered patients: location catchment and age profile
- GP practice commissioning boundary
- GP practice workforce: by age and role
- NHS providers CQC registration: latest service definition and quality assessment
- Export map pages to PDF documents in Google Chrome and Safari
- Export site list as Excel spreadsheet
- Bookmark map configuration to return to previous views
- Extensive inline help panels
- Online help chat available between 9am and 5pm
Primary Care Networks support
User added locations
IMD top 10% highlight layer
Key supermarket sites layer
|RECENT DATA UPDATES
GP practice workforce: 31 March 2019
ODS organisations and sites: May 2019
GP registered patient details: April 2019
OS Open Greenspace layer: April 2019
Air Quality Management Areas: January 2019
GP contractual boundaries: March 2019
Fuel poverty: 2018
Risk of flooding from rivers and sea: December 2018
HES clinical activity: 2017/18
ONS population estimates: mid-2017
Prescription activity shows the relationship between GP prescribing and pharmacy dispensing.
Dispensing contractors’ data: February 2019
NHS Business Service Authority: nhsbsa.nhs.uk/…/dispensing-contractors-data
GP practice workforce updated: now displays GP, nurse, direct patient care and admin staff.
Using 31 March 2019 final data:
General Practice Workforce: 31 March ’19 Final, experimental statistics:
NHS Digital: digital.nhs.uk/…/31-March-2019
GP registered patient update: now using April 2019 data.
The location of registered patients by Lower Super Output Area and the age profile by sex and quinary age bands are available from an individual GP practice’s focus panel.
OS Open Greenspace updated: now using April 2019 data.
The Government initiative to make it easier for people to locate and access greenspaces has released a new version of its digital map data identifying accessible recreational and leisure greenspace in Great Britain. The data is available as a layer overlay within the SHAPE Place Atlas.
GP practice contractual boundaries updated: now using March 2019 data with option to display multiple boundaries simultaneously.
GP Practice Submitted Inner Catchment Area KML Files:
NHS England: data.england.nhs.uk/dataset/gp-practice-submitted…